Learning Management System
The Illinois Online Network uses the Moodle learning management system. We do not train on the use of a specific learning managment system, but we do provide a free tutorial course on the use of Moodle.
To access the free Moodle tutorial you must first be registered for a course. About one week prior to the beginning of the course start date, you will also be added to the Moodle overview course.
- Access to a device with an web browser
- Internet access for a minimum of 10 hrs/week recommended (per course)
- An E-mail account
- Any word processing program capable of saving files in plain text or RTF (Rich Text Format). Examples include: Microsoft Word, Apple Pages, or Google Docs.
- Web Browser - The latest versions of Google Chrome, Opera, and Mozilla Firefox are recommended. Safari and Internet Explorer/Edge may also work.
- Your course may require special (free) plug-ins to access Streaming Media, PDF files, or other web components. If this is the case, you will learn more about these special requirements during your Course Orientation.