-- come inside and see what we're all about --
- What is the FSI all about?
We are about promoting the effective use of networked information technologies
in all aspects, espectially online and hybrid, education. The conference
addresses the needs of administrators, educators, trainers, and designers
who are involved in the application of Web-based technologies to the
teaching and learning process and in the planning, administration, and
management of online education programs.
What happened during FSI 2005?
Lots of information was shared at this FSI, as we tried
to incorporate multiple information formats, from our very successful
roundtables to plenary
sessions, panels, workshops, and selected hands-on sessions. We also expanded
our vendor coverage, including a sponsored beverage break. If anything,
the amount of choice caused some to have to miss sessions. We have
already made plans
to add an extra concurrent session time with fewer discussions per session
to allow participants to see more presentations.
- What did people think?
82% rated the overall experience as above average.
100% will incorporate what they have learned into their classes.
Overall average rating of 4.0/5.0.
Average increase in knowledge self-reported at 41%
- See more FSI Evaluations
- Selected Comments -
- "I have already [made use of what I learned] as I modified my
upcoming class a little based on something learned this week."
- "As a beginner, it was extremely beneficial and encouraging"
- "Made long list of things to consider in the future in both my
on-line & on-campus classes."
- "FSI is just fabulous - I learned so much, this event and all
the people encouraged and motivated me with my online teaching."
- Some with good ideas - "We should have had a recorder to collect
everyones ideas to share them online."
- "I loved it! The speaker was helpful, informative, and motivating.
I feel more confident to start teaching my first online course."
- "Great presentation - lots of info. and practical experience
- "Great Handouts and resources. Absolutely wonderful for beginners
- good presenters!!"
- "Very thought provoking. Great session."
- "A tremendously wonderful learning experience! Thank you."
- And many more
- Seeing the Sites
For those that needed time away or just wanted to enjoy a free afternoon on the
town, Springfield offered a variety of historic opportunities, including the
new Lincoln Museum. We also weren't very far away from Amish country for those
really looking for an escape.
- Staying connected
Going to a conference no longer means leaving your world behind thanks to Internet
connectivity. Many took advantage of our email station to keep in touch.
Back to top