Evaluation of Online Courses Discussion Questions
- What are the pros and cons of having a third party conduct course evaluations
- Should course evaluations be posted online and be publicly accessible? (See "Web Sites Offer Evaluations of Professors, for Better or Worse", Chron of Higher Ed, September 29, 1999)
- What are the pros and cons of using online surveys to conduct course evaluations?
- Which method (online, by fax, by paper mail or by phone) do you think is most appropriate for your situation?
- What steps would you take to insure a high-completion rate of evaluations
- In your opinion, how much time is appropriate for students to spend completing a course evaluation?
- What are some unique characteristics of an online course that need to be addressed in an evaluation?