- MIT OpenCourseWare MIT OpenCourseWare (OCW) is a web-based publication of virtually all MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) course content. OCW is open and available to the world and is a permanent MIT activity.
- Open CourseWare Consortium A collaboration of higher education institutions and associated organizations from around the world creating a broad and deep body of open educational content using a shared model.
- Open Yale Courses Free and open access to a selection of introductory courses taught by distinguished teachers and scholars at Yale University
- OER Commons Open Educational Resources are teaching and learning materials that you may freely use and reuse, without charge. OER often have a Creative Commons or GNU license that state specifically how the material may be used, reused, adapted, and shared.
- OpenLearn - The home of free learning from The Open University (UK)
- WikiMedia Commons Free, open resource media database
- Connexions - A place to view and share educational materials made of small knowledge chunks. A service of the Connexions Consortium, a leader in open source educational technology and open access educational content.
- OnlineCourses - (formerly LectureFox) collection of open online courses, classes, lectures, podcasts and more.
- Wisconsin Online - International award winning learning object and asset library hosted by the Wisconsin Technical College System.
- openstax college - Offers students free textbooks that meet scope and sequence requirements for most courses. These are peer-reviewed texts written by professional content developers.
- eduTopia OER: Resource Roundup- Educator's guide to open educational resources for information about online repositories, curriculum-sharing websites, sources for lesson plans and activities, and open alternatives to textbooks.
Government Copyright Sites
- The United States Constitution, Gerald Murphy, National Public Telecomputing Network, 1996, See Article 1, Section 8 for the basis of the legality of copyright laws in the United States
- Thomas - Legislative Information on the Internet, Library of Congress , 2003, Find out just about anything you want to know concerning the actions of the U.S. Congress
- Library of Congress, Library of Congress, 2003, Just about anything you want to know about the U.S. Government
- U.S. Copyright Office, U.S. Copyright Office, Library of Congress , 2003, Home page of the definitive source of U.S. copyright information
University Intellectual Property Policies, American Distance Education Consortium, 2000, IP Policies
- Intellectual Property and Copyright Resource Collection, American Distance Education Consortium, 2000, IP information
- Copyright Alliance education foundation Copyright Resources, The Copyright Alliance Education Foundation is the 501(c)3 nonprofit charitable arm of the Copyright Alliance dedicated to developing educational programs aimed at helping America's next generation of creators succeed.
- Law for All , Nolo.com, 2002, Do-it-yourself legal information
- Copyright on the Internet, Franklin Pierce Law Center, 2000, Addresses U.S. copyright issues dealing with email
- The Copyright Website, Benedict O'Mahoney, 1995-2002, Provides real world, practical, and relevant copyright information
- CopyOwn, CopyOwn sm, University of Maryland, 1999-2002, A resource on copyright ownership for the higher education community
- Web Law FAQ, Oppendahl and Larson LLP, 1996-9, FAQ on Web law
- Legal Information from LexisNexis
- Copyright and Fair Use Index, Stanford University Library , Stanford University, 2000, Numerous copyright and other legal resources
- The UCLA Online Institute for Cyberspace Law and Policy, UCLA , 2000, Emerging and established Internet related laws and policies
- Copyright and Fair Use in the Classroom, on the Internet, and the WWW, University of Maryland University College, 2000, Copyright information provided by UMUC
- Berkman Center for Internet and Society, Harvard Law School, Harvard University, 2000, Among other things, they have good information on intellectual property
- James C. Kirkpatrick Library, Copyright and Distance Education, Central Missouri State University, 2000 June, Information resources
- Legal Information Institute, Cornell Law School, 2000, Legal information including court cases
- Award Winning Articles, Ivan Hoffman, B.A., J.D., 2001, Lots of Copyright and IP articles from a topical lawyer.
- Copyright Quick Guide, Kenneth Crews, 2003, UIPUI, Fundamentals of copyright and TEACH Act.
- The Copyright Crash Course, Georgia Harper, 2001, University of Texas System, Very informative site.
- Glossary of Legal Terms Glossary of Legal Terms from Lawyers.com
- WikiLaw.org "Trusted legal information for you" A general legal information site.
- Nextiva - Business Communication site - Understanding Intellectual Property
Fair Use and Fair Use Guidelines
- Fair Use in Copyright , Daniel A. Tysver, BitLaw - A Resource on Technology Law, 1996-2001, Comprehensive Internet resource on technology law
- Copyright and Fair Use Index, Stanford University Library, Stanford University, 2000, Numerous copyright and other legal resources
- Educational Fair Use Guidelines for Distance Education, CONFU Report , 1997, To provide guidance on the application of fair use principles by educational institutions
- Final Report to the Commissioner on the Conclusion of the Conference on Fair Use, Bruce A. Lehman, CONFU, 1998, Pages 18-26 of the pdf document give some broad guidelines
- Agreement on Guidelines for Classroom Copying in Not-for-Profit Educational Institutions with Respect to Books and Periodicals, Ad Hoc Committe on Copyright Law Revision, Authors League of America and Association of American Publishers, Inc., 1976, States minimum standards of educational fair use.
- Model Policy Concerning College and University Photocopying for Classroom, Research, and Library Reserve Use, Coalition for Networked Information , 1982, Various articles about libraries, technology, and copyrighting
- Guidelines for Educational Use of Music, Ad Hoc Committee on Copyright Law Revision, Music Publishers' Assoc. of US, National Music Publishers' Assoc., and Music Teachers Nat. Assoc. of Schools of Music, 1976, States minimum standards of educational fair use
- Library and Classroom Use of Copyrighted Videotapes and Computer Software, Mary Hutchings Reed and Debra Stanek, American Library Association, 1986, Model policy addressing issues that librarians had brought
- Policy and Guidelines on the Reproduction of Copyrighted Materials for Teaching and Research, University of California, 1986, Policies and fair use
- Fair Use of Copyright Works - A Crucial Element in Educating America , Consortium for Educational Technology for University Systems, 1995 , This page contains their electronic version of Fair Use of Copyrighted Works pamphlet